Appreciative Inquiry Certificate in Positive Business and Society Change
(Programa de certificación en Indagación Apreciativa para la empresa positiva y el cambio social)
IDEIA in conjunction with David Cooperrider and Ronald Fry, and Ronald Fry, is offering the Appreciative Inquiry Program, devised by Dr. David Cooperrider and Dr. Ronald Fry. The Certificate Program comprises three stages.
Phase I: Appreciative Inquiry
Training | Duration 24 hours | Try to:
Training oriented to be facilitators of appreciative inquiry processes (AI). Discover how and why AI is effective. Learn to create bridges between ideals and results orientation. Raise the questions that open the doors for change and connect us with what gives life to the system and to people.
• Strategies focused on strengths and their differences from the traditional model of conflict resolution.
• Philosophy, premises and principles of the AI.
• The 5 phases of the process (the 5 D): Define affirmative topic, Discover, Dreams (Dream), Design and Destination.
• Questions that lead the change.
• Involve the whole system in the change: the AI summits.
• Case studies of direct application of AI in companies, communities, NGOs and the public sector.
As a result of participating in this training, participants will understand how to generate changes through the perspective based on IA strengths and principles. This course is accredited by Case Western University and is equivalent to the Fundamentals taught there. With the Fundamentals in Appreciative Inquiry of IDEIA, you can continue with the advanced training at Case Western Reserve University, Weatherhead School of Management and thus receive the Full Certification.
Phase II: Inquiry and Appreciative Dialogue (PIDA)
Training | Total duration 30 hours over four months
It is aimed at people who have completed phase I, and know the principles on which the methodology is based, as well as the five phases of the process.
Contents to be treated in phase II
• Protocols of inquiry, transform inquiring. Definition of the topic on which to perform the AI. Creation of the protocols that guide the process and practices. The FOAR model.
• Involve the system in the process. Application of the principles that support the methodology. Organization of an IDA Summit.
• AI in practice, empowering others: analysis of case studies. Characteristics of each application sector (Public, Private, and Non-Governmental) and ways to develop them. Implementation of the process in an organization.
• Each participant will choose an organization in which to carry out the IDA process.
• A 16-hour face-to-face workshop,
• Three group sessions of 2 hours over four months, (virtual or face-to-face) to share the elaboration of the protocol, organization of the summit and presentation of the progress of each intervention process
• Two individual coaching conversations: to accompany the progress of the intervention process. They can be virtual or face-to-face.
• Closing group workshop: Face-to-face or virtual meeting of 6 hours for the presentation of the intervention made by the participants, return by the facilitators, reflection and learning for all the members of the PIDA
Phase III: Advanced Training in Appreciative Inquiry
Duration 20 hours
Participants experience the power of appreciative learning through interactive feed-forward sessions and expanding the experience and possibilities of AI.
They must have completed Fundamentos and the PIDA, or if they have not done phase II, they will have developed a summit as a field intervention project with AI. The participants will bring to the training one or several situations in which they would like to improve or apply the AI.
• Clarify the key purpose of a situation.
• See where and how the right people can get involved.
• Strengthen or improve the design of a project with specific objectives.
• Select the most significant activities and the appropriate language for each situation.
• Develop ways to measure success.
• The new organizational development and its impact.
• Change in the role of consultants.
• Develop design thinking in professional practice.
• Live the philosophy and principles of AI.