Fundamentals of Appreciative Inquiry
• How and why Appreciative Inquiry works.
• AI in action. Case studies. Success stories.
• Questions that make positive change possible.
• Involving the whole system in the change: AI summits.
• The philosophy and core principles of Appreciative Inquiry (AI).
• What strength-based strategies are, and how they are different from the conflict resolution model.
• The importance of the Inquiry process for organisational change.
• The core principles of AI.
• The five stages of the process (the 5 Ds): Defining the affirmative topic, Discovering, Dreams, Design and Destiny.
• Developing your project.
• We provide case studies where AI has been directly applied in companies, communities, NGOs and the public sector. Participants can watch videos showing AI processes in action.
During this training course, participants will:
• Learn how to bring about change using a strength-based perspective and the AI principles.
• Explore a wide variety of cases where AI has been applied – to individuals, groups and large systems.
• Apply the basic principles of AI to a specific project related to their own work.
• Develop the skills needed to introduce others to Appreciative Inquiry.
• Learn to lead, manage and motivate more positively.
This course has been accredited by Case Western Reserve University and is equivalent to the Fundamentals taught there. After studying the Fundamentals in Appreciative Inquiry from IDEIA, participants may continue to the advanced training course at Weatherhead School of Management, Case Western Reserve University, in order to achieve full certification. Participants may also take the advanced training course at IDEIA.